Make sure to Read our Tattoo Aftercare Instructions!
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
Best Tattoo Aftercare Recommendations
- Care of your tattoo is very important and will determine the way your tattoo will look once it is healed.
- Remove the bandage within 40min – hours and wash gently with fragrance-free antibacterial soap (dove or dial) do not leave the bandage on longer than 2 hours.
- Gently pat dry do not rub back and forth.
- Apply a very thin layer of Aquaphor to the tattoo and remove any excess with a clean paper towel. The tattoo should look shiny with no buildup of ointment.
- Your tattoo should be washed 2-3 times a day as explained above and reapply Aquaphor as needed. Remember to apply only a thin layer of Aquaphor and make sure your hands are clean before touching your tattoo.
- DO NOT PICK SCABS this can cause your tattoo to bleed and can pull ink from your skin and may require retouch.
- Stay away from body wash, lotion, shampoo, or soap that contains fragrance.
- No beach, pool, or hot tub for at least 2 weeks while the tattoo is healing (also avoid soaking tattoo).
- Avoid direct sunlight while the tattoo is healing.
- If possible wear loose clothing while your tattoo is healing in order to avoid rubbing which can pull off the scab.
- Once the scabs have come off use fragrance-free Lubriderm to keep your tattoo moisturized.
- Once your tattoo is healed make sure to use sunscreen when exposed to the sun to avoid fading and keep your tattoo looking fresh.
- If you have any questions about tattoo aftercare please feel free to contact us 305.603.9922.
Piercing Aftercare Instructions
- Do not touch, twist, or play with your piercing. You should only touch your piercing when cleaning.
- Always wash your hands before touching or cleaning your piercing.
- Piercings should be cleaned 1-2 times daily during the healing process.
- Use warm water and non-scented antibacterial soap to clean your piercing. Be careful not to over-clean your piercing, 1-2 times a day is enough. Over-cleaning can irritate the piercing.
- SEA SALT SOAK – This is probably the most common form of aftercare – Use hot or boiled water and add ¼ of *NON-IODIZED* sea salt to make sure it’s warm but not too hot. Use a clean paper towel or q tip to apply the solution to your piercing. This should be done no more than 1-2 times a day.
- ORAL PIERCINGS – Oral piercing requires cleaning 3-4 times a day, you should rinse with Listerine every time you eat or smoke to reduce the number of bacteria in your mouth.
- TONGUE PIERCING – Swelling is normal and can last 3 –10 days
- During this time you can use ice to reduce swelling. Also, you should avoid dairy and spicy foods, Try to eat slowly.
- Longer jewelry is required for tongue and sometimes lip piercings due to swelling. Once the piercing has healed you can switch your jewelry to one that is shorter or better fitting.
- Do not use anything else to heal your piercing as this can cause problems with healing.
- NOSE PIERCING – Be very careful not to pull out the jewelry. A lot of people forget they have it and accidentally pull out the jewelry.
- If this happens make sure you straighten out the jewelry before trying to put it back in. If it won’t go back in do not force it as this can cause irritation. If you are having trouble put another *CLEAN* earring in until you can replace it. If your piercing is left with no jewelry it can close very quickly (within an hour).
- Avoid putting makeup on or around your piercing.
- Avoid lakes, pools, and hot tubs while your piercing is healing this can cause infection.
- Avoid sleeping on your piercing and snagging your piercing as this can delay the healing process.
- Do not remove the jewelry until you are sure your piercing is healed.
- If you have any questions please contact us 305.603.9922.